Friday, January 23, 2015

What did you feel like the first time you tried out a second language?


      It was 7:00 a.m. in the back of a Costa Rican taxi. I pulled out my little Spanish Quick Guide to Language book and proceeded to ask the driver to take my sister and I to the Coca Cola Bus Station. After a few impatient "Que's and Como's" and chuckles, my sister and I ended up at a very obscure bus stop halfway across town.  Not feeling particularly confident to try it again, we hoofed it over to our destination. Along the way, we met a few...let's say...savory characters. Many were looking for "business". Awestruck, we never stopped to ask for directions. I think if we would have, one of the ladies would have offered me some "K-Y". Fortunately we arrived just in time for the 8:30 a.m. bus to Jaco our weekend excursion. Needless to say, we learned that not all Spanish is the same!



<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rxUm-2x-2dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment